How does this website work?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that websites send to a user’s terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being forwarded to the same website on the next visit by the same user. Cookies cannot retrieve any other data from a user’s hard drive, neither can they pass on computer viruses nor acquire e-mail addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some cookie functions can be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookie’ refers to both cookies, as such, and to all similar technologies.
First-party cookies and third-party cookies
Cookies can be first or third-party cookies. First-party cookies are owned and created by the website you’re viewing, while third-party cookies are hosted by a party other than Sernav S.r.l..
Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies:
Technical cookies are used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary in order for the provider of a service of the Information Society, explicitly requested by the subscriber or by the user, to provide the service in question” (cf. Art. 122, Paragraph 1 of the Code).
These types of cookies are not used for other purposes and are usually installed by the website owner. They can be categorised as:
– navigation cookies or session cookies, which guarantee the normal browsing and use of the website (allowing the user to make a purchase or providing authentication to restricted areas of the site); these cookies are in fact necessary to the correct functioning of the website;
– analytics cookies, integrated with technical cookies when used by the owner of the website to collect information, in aggregated form, concerning the amount of users browsing our website and their behaviour, in order to improve our website performance;
– functional cookies, which allow the user to browse based on selected criteria (for example, in terms of the selected language, the products selected for purchase, etc.) with the intent to improve the quality of the service rendered to the same. The installation of these cookies does not require the prior consent of the users (for additional information check the Managing Cookies paragraph).
Profiling cookies can be used to profile users in order to send targeted and personalized advertising services.
The use of these cookies requires the prior consent of the user. In compliance with the Provision no. 229 of 8 May 2014, users must be able to authorize or refuse consent to the installation of these cookies, if present.
In the case of third-party cookies, the website does not have direct control of individual cookies and cannot control them (it is not possible to install them directly nor delete them). You can however, manage these cookies through the browser settings (follow the instructions below), or the websites listed in “Managing Cookies”.
Cookies installed on this website
There are no profiling cookies on our website.
Cookies lifetime depends on the expiry date (or on a specific action, such as closing the browser) set up during installation. Cookies can be:
– temporary or session cookies: they are used to store temporary information, can link the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
– permanent cookies (persistent cookie): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, so that the user can avoid typing them each time they visit a specific site. They are stored on the computer even after closing the browser.
So called session cookies are not stored once you disconnect from this website. This site uses temporary cookies.
You can disable cookies on any website by downloading specific softwares, such as Ghostery, and by disabling the use of each cookie. You can also enable “anonymous browsing”, that allows you to surf without leaving trace of browsing data in your browser. This functionality only allows you not to store browsing data in your browser.
Alternatively, you can disable/delete cookies by accessing your browser’s configuration panel.
ACCEPTING AND REJECTING COOKIES